Pets Starting Fires on Halloween in Round Lake Beach?
Our furry friends are curious and can start a fire by bumping into, turning on, or knocking over cooking equipment. Our local team in Northwest Lake County wants everyone to have a safe, fire-damage-free Halloween in Round Lake Beach. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) reports that pets and wild animals play a role in starting over 750 home fires each year.
Here are some pet fire safety tips from the NFPA to keep your pets safe around fire:
- Keep pets away from stoves and countertops
- Keep pets away from candles, lamps, and space heaters
- Always use a metal or heat-tempered glass screen on a fireplace and keep it in place
- Keep pets away from a chimney’s outside vents
- Have a “pet-free zone” of at least three feet away from the fireplace. Glass doors and screens can stay dangerously hot for several hours after the fire goes out.
- Some pets are chewers. Watch pets to make sure they don’t chew through electrical cords. Have any problems checked by a professional.
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business in Round Lake Beach has fire damage and needs our services, our local team in Northwest Lake County is Here to Help.® Call us today at 224-372-7772.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.