Electrical Fire in Fox Lake?
Fox Lake residents and commercial businesses rely on the professionals at SERVPRO® of Northwest Lake County to restore fire damage. Here are some electrical safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Have all electrical work done by a qualified electrician
- Only use one heat-producing appliance plugged into a receptacle outlet at a time
- Major appliances should be plugged directly into a wall receptacle outlet. Extension cords and plug strips should not be used.
- Arc-fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs) shut off electricity when a dangerous condition occurs. Consider having them installed in your home.
- Use ground-fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) to reduce the risk of shock. GFCIs shut off an electrical circuit when it becomes a shock hazard. They should be installed inside the home in bathrooms, kitchens, garages, and basements. All outdoor receptacles should be GFCI protected.
- Test AFCIs and GFCIs once a month according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Check electrical cords to make sure they are not running across doorways or under carpets. Extension cords are intended for temporary use. Have a qualified electrician add more receptacle outlets, so you don’t have to use extension cords.
Call Us Today!
Franchises are independently owned and operated.