Is Your Business in Ingleside Shore Ready for Winter Weather?
Our team in Northwest Lake County knows that a little preventative maintenance goes a long way toward preventing storm damage. We offer these tips from the Insurance Institute of Business and Home Safety to prepare your building for winter weather:
Your team needs to maintain the roof drains and gutters on your properties.
Low slope (flat) roofs
- Inspect roof and repair leaks before the winter season
- Remove all debris and other items from roof and roof drainage systems that prevent drainage of water from the roof during the melting process
- Check that all flashing and seals are flush and secure
Steep slope roofs
- Inspect your roof and repair leaks before the winter season
- Secure loose shingles
- Check roof-edge waterproofing and seal to prevent potential drafts
- Add extra insulation in your attic or surrounding areas
- Inspect gutters and ensure they’re secured to the building. Replace any missing gutter fasteners.
- Clean gutters and interior downspouts thoroughly, removing all debris and unclogging drains
- Test gutters and downspouts to be sure water does not back up. This can be done by using a hose.
- Check downspouts to ensure they divert water away from the foundation
Call Us Today!
When your commercial business or home in Ingleside Shore has storm damage and needs our services, our local team in Northwest Lake County is Here to Help.® Call us today at 224-372-7772.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.