Lightning Safety Tips for Venetian Village Residents?
Our team in Northwest Lake County knows Venetian Village residents are no strangers to severe storms. Our professionals have been restoring storm damage for Lake County residents and businesses for years. Here are some lightning safety tips from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration:
- Avoid isolated tall trees, hilltops, utility poles, cell phone towers, cranes, large equipment, ladders, scaffolding, or rooftops
- Avoid open areas, such as fields
- Never lie flat on the ground
- Retreat to dense areas of smaller trees that are surrounded by larger trees, or retreat to low-lying areas but watch for flooding
- Avoid water, and immediately get out of and away from bodies of water
- Avoid wiring, plumbing, and fencing. Stay away from all metal objects, equipment, and surfaces that can conduct electricity.
- Do not shelter in sheds, pavilions, tents, or covered porches as they do not provide adequate protection from lightning
- Seek fully enclosed, substantial buildings with wiring and plumbing. In modern buildings, the interior wiring and plumbing will act as an earth ground.
- A building is a safe shelter as long as you are not in contact with anything that can conduct electricity (e.g., electrical equipment or cords, plumbing fixtures, corded phones). Do not lean against concrete walls or floors (which may have metal bars inside).
When your home or commercial business in Venetian Village has storm damage and needs our services, our local team in Northwest Lake County is Here to Help.® Call us today at 224-372-7772.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.