How Long Does It Take for Water to Cause Damage to a Home in Antioch?
Antioch residents and commercial businesses rely on our team in Northwest Lake County to restore water damage 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. Water is invasive; the longer water damage remains untreated, the more extensive and costly the repairs will become. Here is a water damage timeline that describes the damage water can do within one week:
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish
- Furniture begins to swell and crack
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain
- A musty odor appears
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp
- Metal begins to rust and corrode
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold
- Paint begins to blister
- Wood flooring swells and warps
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible
Call Us Today!
When your Antioch home or commercial business has a water damage emergency, our local team in Northwest Lake County’s technicians will mitigate and restore the damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 224-372-7772.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.