Storm Safety for Round Lake Beach Businesses?
SERVPRO® of Northwest Lake County is a trusted leader in commercial storm damage mitigation and restoration in Round Lake Beach. Here is some information from the Insurance Institute of Business and Home Safety on things businesses can do after a winter storm:
Activate your business continuity plan
- Ensure everyone is safe
- Make sure guests, clients, and employees are safe
- Be prepared to evacuate if structural damage from snow and ice makes a building unsafe
- Stay away from downed powerlines
- Safety first!
- Keep the parking lot and sidewalks surrounding the building free of snow and ice. Shovel after each snowfall. Keep ice melt/salt on the ground to prevent slips and falls.
- Place non-slip mats in front of entryways to prevent slipping as employees and customers enter/exit your business property
- Monitor your roof’s snow load to ensure it does not exceed its maximum capacity.
- Conduct an assessment of the snow and ice equivalent
- If you have excessive snow or ice dams, have your snow removal team safely remove the snow and ice dams
- Watch for signs of snow load damage, such as creaking sounds, a sagging roof, cracks in the ceiling or walls, water stains, and doors or windows that no longer open and close correctly
- In case of a power outage, use your generator
When you need storm damage restoration services in your Round Lake Beach business or home, SERVPRO® of Northwest Lake County is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 224-372-7772.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.