New Years Holiday Safety Tips for Antioch?
Do you know that more home fires occur during the winter months than at any other time of the year in Antioch? SERVPRO® of Northwest Lake County wishes everyone a happy and safe new year and offer these winter holidays safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Be careful with holiday decorations. Choose decorations that are flame resistant or flame retardant.
- Keep lit candles away from decorations and other things that can burn.
- Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use, but not both.
- Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections. Read manufacturer’s instructions for the number of light strands to connect.
- Use clips, not nails, to hang lights, so the cords do not get damaged.
- Keep decorations away from windows and doors
- Test your smoke alarms and tell guests about your home fire escape plan.
- Keep children and pets away from lit candles.
- Keep matches and lighters up high in a locked cabinet.
- Stay in the kitchen when cooking on the stovetop.
- Ask smokers to smoke outside. Remind smokers to keep their smoking materials with them so young children do not touch them.
- Provide large, deep ashtrays for smokers. Wet cigarette butts with water before discarding them.
Call Us Today!
Franchises are independently owned and operated.