Flooded Basement in Venetian Village?
In a study prepared by the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety (IBHS), 40 percent of incidents involving sump pumps were due to clogged inlet screens or faulty float switches. Another 18 percent of sump pump failures were caused by power outages. SERVPRO® of Northwest Lake County responds to water damage emergencies in Venetian Village and other parts of Adams County, and we have restored many flooded basements over the years.
The IBHS offers these sump pump maintenance tips:
- Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for sump pump maintenance. These vary from running the sump pump every two to three months to a yearly cleaning before the rainy season.
- Inspect the pump by opening the lid and remove any debris blocking the water inlet screen
- Pour about five gallons of water into the pump and watch the float valve rise
- As the float valve rises, the pump should turn on, and water should discharge through the outlet pipe
- Go outside and inspect the outlet pipe. Water should be flowing away from the home.
- Contact a professional if the sump pump fails to operate during the inspection
When your Venetian Village home or business needs water damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Northwest Lake County technicians can assist you 24-hours a day. We typically arrive onsite within four hours of your call. Call us today at 224-372-7772.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.