If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (224) 372-7772

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Candle Fire in Grayslake Home?

8/30/2021 (Permalink)

A candle is shown burning. We restore fire damage in Lake County 24-hours a day!

Candle Safety Tips for Grayslake

My daughter left a candle burning on a wooden shelf and went to bed. She woke to the sound of the smoke detector beeping and was able to put out the fire herself. Even though the fire was contained to the bedroom, there was smoke odor and fire residue all over the walls, and the whole house smelled like smoke.

 SERVPRO® of Northwest Lake County is a trusted leader in fire damage restoration. Here are some candle safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA):

  • Use candle holders that are sturdy and won’t tip over easily
  • Put candle holders on a sturdy, uncluttered surface
  • Light candles carefully
  • Keep your hair and any loose clothing away from the flame
  • Don’t burn a candle all the way down — put it out before it gets too close to the holder or container
  • Never use a candle if oxygen is used in the home
  • Have flashlights and battery-powered lighting ready to use during a power outage. Never use candles.

Call Us!

When you need fire restoration services for your Grayslake home or business, SERVPRO® of Northwest Lake County is Here to Help. ® Our technicians are on-call 24-hours a day to respond to fire damage emergencies. Call us today at 224-372-7772.

Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.

Other News

View Recent Posts