Fire Escape Planning for Lake Villa?
Fire Escape Planning for Lake Villa Families
Do you have a fire escape plan for your household, and have you practiced it lately? According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), while 71 percent of American households have developed a fire escape plan, only 47 percent have practiced it.
SERVPRO® of Northwest Lake County responds to fire damage emergencies in Lake County 24-hours a day, and offer these fire escape safety tips from the NFPA:
- Make a home escape plan. Draw a map of your home showing all doors and windows. Discuss the plan with everyone in your home.
- Know at least two ways out of every room, if possible. Make sure all doors and windows leading outside open easily.
- Have an outside meeting place (like a tree, light pole, or a mailbox) a safe distance away from the home where everyone can meet
- Practice your home fire drill at night and during the day with everyone in your home, twice a year
- Practice using different ways out
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can’t help them
- Close doors behind you as you leave
When your home or commercial business is damaged by fire, SERVPRO® of Northwest Lake County is Here to Help. ® Our technicians are on-call 24-hours a day in Lake Villa to respond to fire damage emergencies. Call us today at 224-372-7772. We’ll restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.