Smoke Alarm Safety Tips for Grayslake?
Smoke Alarms Save Lives in Grayslake
Do you know when the last time you inspected your smoke alarm system was? SERVPRO® of Northwest Lake County responds to fire damage emergencies in Lake County 24-hours a day, and we have witnessed firsthand the lives saved by smoke alarms. Here is some information from the National Fire Protection Association about smoke alarms:
Smoke Alarms Safety Tips
- A closed-door may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire
- Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room and outside each separate sleeping area
- Install alarms on every level of the home
- Smoke alarms should be interconnected so when one sounds, they all sound
- Large homes may need extra smoke alarms
- Test your smoke alarms at least once a month. Press the test button to be sure the alarm is working.
- When a smoke alarm sounds, get outside and stay outside
- Replace all smoke alarms in your home every 10 years
When your home or commercial business is damaged by fire, SERVPRO® of Northwest Lake County is Here to Help. ® Our technicians are on-call 24-hours a day in Grayslake to respond to fire damage emergencies. Call us today at 224-372-7772. We’ll restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.